Monday 5 September 2011

A Rant

Well it looks like I'm not going to Whistler anymore to do a season. The IEC (International Experience Canada) visa I needed closed taking applications on August 9th. This however was not written in massive bold print on the Canadian High Commission's website or really seemed to be of importance at all. Then when I checked on the BUNAC website apparently they ran out of their 5,000 visas in July! 


I know it's my fault - I should have just applied a lot earlier and this will be one of the biggest regrets of my life. I just don't think it's fair, what happened to spontaneity, for those people after they finished school or uni to realise actually I do want to take a gap year or a couple of months off doing something I only really have one opportunity to do, and now is it, to find out that they can't do it because they came up with the idea too late. From reading forums and something which I'm going to pass on, BUNAC applications for 2012 IEC visa's will likely be opening mid-January (apparently that's what happened this year), but it takes a couple of months, meaning you won't actually get it until March some time. Meaning if you're reading this and thinking about doing a season in Canada for winter 2012 just apply asap as soon as applications open again. No one even told me this...so there you go. 


Urghh, the one time I'm not as organised as I normally am and it costs me my dream of doing a snowboarding season in a country I've never been to and have always wanted to go to. Sods law I guess.


What I'm taking away from this pile of crap a situation is literally just be over organised when it comes to planning going off travelling. Correct research on good websites which gives you valuable information about what's needed in order to apply for visa's, jobs etc is vital and don't listen to anyone who says there's no rush.. otherwise you're bound to get disappointed. I hope this at least depicts the devastation and that you really never want this to happen to you...I don't think I've ever felt this flat before in my life, especially as a university graduate who's now lost in this world of unemployment and rubbish economic climate. Great.


Apologies for this rant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment